Establishing whether a product is genuine or not. Authentication includes the design of the product, its packaging materials and supply chain process. Overt and covert techniques can be used to accommodate continuous or ad hoc authentication, extrinsic or intrinsic, via online or stand alone tools. Today “smart” customers are engaged using personal technology to interact with companies while electronically verifying authentication of products. Companies are leveraging on this market trend and are delivering their customers additional product value during authentication.
Examples of questions to be solved
- What are we doing today in terms of authentication across our product portfolio? What should we do in the future? What are the possible authentication strategies?
- Which authentication technologies do exist? Which techniques are integrated within the product design, which are available at the packaging levels? Which techniques online or off line? Which technology should we use for our product?
- What is our position and what does this mean for our business? How should we approach this implementation in terms of organization, planning, funding, priorities, scope and communication?
- How to ensure that customers will notice the absence of authentication features?
- How to ensure customers use our serialized codes for authentication?
- Where and how to position the use of inks and holograms? Product or packaging levels? What can we learn from other industries?
- How to encourage authentication by the customer? What technology is available? Is technology proven and waterproof? What are key suppliers?
- How to integrate mobile technology into our IT architecture? How to implement?
- How to make labeling and leaflets electronic? What about expiry date checks?
- What data are we allowed to store during the authentication process? Ethics?
- Can we use this to improve product adherence? How to leverage?
Envision a world where all consumers have mobile readers and are authenticating their products before use based upon product expectations. Electronic leaflets and label or product information is available online. Expiry date checks are automatically completed during the authentication. Users read instructions for use and download compliance checkboxes to ensure the product is used in line with their prescriptions or personal preferences. Adherence is facilitated and customers leverage the additional product values beyond the original scope. Their relationship with the brand is forever.
4X offers Business, Technology and Regulatory services
- Strategy & tactics
- Business case & feasibility
- Concepts & requirements visioning
- Process optimization & harmonization
- Vendor evaluation & selections
- System integrations & architecture
- Project implementations from A to Z